Subject: [Leica] Re: An R series question
From: s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal)
Date: Sat Jun 19 07:50:34 2004

> on 6/19/04 5:25 AM, animal at s.jessurun95@chello.nl wrote:
>

> >> On 6/18/04 2:47 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
> >>
> >> What if you attached a pistol grip thing to the tripod collar?
> >> Balanced it from there as that would be the balance point anyway?
> >>
> >> Me never having had a long lens with a tripod collar. But wanting one.
> >> So I could get a gimble and be real cool.
> >>

> > Wouldn,t a 180 be to short for that?
> >

> The 100 APO with tripod collar isn't too short.  With the 180 f/2 I'd be
> concerned about weight and the miniscule DOF at full aperture.  I often
> fine-focus the 400 or 560 by leaning forward or back slightly and I
question
> my ability to do this in the small increments nessesary at f/2, and then
> hold my position.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

I have trouble with the noctilux at a few meters  and this is even more
difficult.Thats what has kept me from buying the beauty yet .in the Erwin
Puts article he mentiones that the lens is ideal for catwalk photography .I
doubt that i could focus fast and accurately enough to track children in
motion.
simon jessurun
amsterdam

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re: An R series question)