Subject: [Leica] An R series question R8 - jensen
From: rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark)
Date: Sat Jun 19 16:24:50 2004

The Jensen I drove was a 1974 convertible with a four-speed
transmission.  The car had substantial acceleration and a body style
unlike other era British sportscars.  The back end was sort of squared
off and the front was significantly sloped with the headlights recessed
into the hood (bonnet).  It was my first experience with a sports car
and ever since, I've looked for them on the internet, local newspapers,
and car magazine.  They're available in the states but in varying states
of repair and like Frank said, many of them have substantial rust.
They're great for do it yourself mechanics/technicians but for folks
like me, very impractical.  Some guys like the TR7/8, or the Spitfire,
the Austin Healey, or the MG...but I always loved the Jensen Healey.
Now, I have the very practical and reliable Honda Accord although it
does have a five speed.  Sorry for the non-LUG post....

Robert Clark
Lancaster, PA