Subject: [Leica] slide scanner/data base
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Jun 19 22:01:21 2004

On 6/19/04 7:27 PM, "G. Michael Paine" <mipaine@comcast.net> wrote:

> No, I guess I was not clear as to what I want.
> Can I establish various criteria, e.g., name; place; year; country;
> city;  etc., for each image so that  I can search in various ways
> depending on what images I am looking for?
> I have in mind something like my FileMaker Pro in which I can create
> searchable fields.
>
> Michael

The new Filemaker pro 7 just coming out might actually be usable as an image
cataloging software it has a new way of accessing images and the files would
not get too big and too unwieldy or buggy and crashable.
I have lots of my business forms and records on Filemaker since it first
came out 20 years ago and I had a newsletter I got as snail mail as there
was no internet. It was the Rabiolithic period.
My equipment list has a little thumbnail in many cases of the piece of gear
it is referencing. Kind of nice.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon