Subject: [Leica] An R series question
From: jkoplen at mindspring.com (Julian Koplen)
Date: Sun Jun 20 06:23:18 2004

To 'R' experts:

Much has been made about the R4's "dark viewfinder".  It was my impression
that this was related to the 'R4' focusing screen, and that when it was
replaced with the later 'R' focusing screen, it then was on a brightness par
with other 'R' cameras up through R7.  Is that not true?  At any rate, I did
that for my R4.  My visual memory for screen brightness is not good enough
for me to report the degree of improvement.  It was recommended somewhere,
so I simply did it.

Thanks..........Julian