Subject: [Leica] Port of Oakland
From: oliverbryk at iqmail.net (Oliver)
Date: Sun Jun 20 07:06:21 2004

B.D. wrote:
"I'm amazed you haven't been sent to Gitmo or Abu Ghraib for
photographing in the port of Oakland. BTW, last week as a stood on a T
platform taking a shot a T cop told me I couldn't shoot without a permit
- so I waited until I got on the train to resume my shoot...;-)"

When I telephoned the Port of Oakland  http://www.portofoakland.com/   to
book the free tour (operated by the Blue and Gold Ferries), I asked whether
there were any restrictions on photography. The Port lady said that there
were none. When I commented that many public places now prohibited
photography because of security concerns she laughed and said, "People have
no idea how secure we are. You go right ahead and take all the pictures you
want. We do occasionally have tour passengers get all excited and tell the
crew that someone is taking pictures."
The local evening news recently carried an interview with the USCG's
Commander of the Port responsible for the San Francisco Bay who reported
that the July 1 deadline for reaching mandated security levels had been met.
Ships are escorted, manifests are transmitted ahead of the vessels'
arrivals, etc.
Oliver

Replies: Reply from hd at hd.pp.se (Håkan Dennersten) ([Leica] Sunshine film)