Subject: [Leica] An R series question R8 - jensen
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Sun Jun 20 07:41:27 2004

I did mention the FF, I do not think the FF was ever
referred to as an interceptor, the interceptor was
just the 2WD version, it is slightly shorter
wheelbase.
I am not aware of a Ferguson Formula 1 car ever
competing, thought it was before my time. I am very
familiar with the Cosworth 4WD F1 car and it really
was addressing a non existent problem and was
completely non optimised for the important parameters
as a result.
On tarmac with good tyres 4WD is worse than 2WD for
performance because the minimal increase in forward
traction nowhere near compensates for the inferior
accelleration , cornering and braking caused by the
extra weight.
cheers
Frank

 --- "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@netscape.net>
wrote: > If you've ever seen the Elizabeth George
whodunnits

=== message truncated ===

Replies: Reply from DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp) ([Leica] An R series question R8 - jensen)