Subject: [Leica] Images from the Epson R-D1
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man)
Date: Sun Jun 20 17:54:19 2004

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2004/0621/dcr016.htm

Try Babelfish. I almost think that since the surname of the image copyright
holder (and may be the article writer) is Shun and that the pictures were
taken in Hong Kong that the article may have been written in Chinese, then
translate to Japanese. Which may explain further unreadability when
translated by Babelfish :-)

Points of Note, the best I can gather, which of course can be wrong:
- the author thinks even though the CCD is the Sony CCD, the picture
quality shows there are some differences? especially some sort of color
aberration?

- the short effective baselength makes focusing very critical

- Noise level is good, even at 1600.

- Currently only RAW mode is supported, so you can do the hyperfocusing,
shoot from the hip style of photographing, but then you have to wait for
the write to be done. Not sure whether the production camera will support
JPG mode or not.

- the author only used VC lens, he should have tried it w/ the Leica lenses
:-)

use richard@imagecraft.com)