Subject: [Leica] Leica lenses on Canon DSLRs
From: n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Jun 21 19:34:34 2004

This weekend I had the opportunity to try out someone's Canon digital
Rebel (300) and I must say that it was not an unpleasant experience. The
things that I dislike about the Digilux 2 and other P&S
digicams--electronic viewfinder or poor optical one, shutter lag, clunky
manual operation--were largely absent here.

Now, I know that Tina uses her Leica R lenses on a digital Canon body,
and I suspect there are others here who do likewise. I would like to
hear how well this works, in particular, how much the stop-down metering
detracts from the whole experience (the loss of other auto functions
would not bother me). Is this a realistic option, or something just for
those who find the Visoflex handy?

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman