Subject: [Leica] An R series question R8 - pretty ?
From: s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal)
Date: Tue Jun 22 07:17:03 2004

> Hoping this will get you on topic..
> http://www.leica-gallery.net/wayneserrano/image-61765.html
>

> On 6/21/04 7:33 PM, "Mike Durling" <durling@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > There is also an SR-71 outside of the avaition museum at the Richmond,
> > VA airport.
> >
> > Quick somebody shoot it with an R8 to put this back on topic!
> >
> > Mike D
> >
> > grduprey@rockwellcollins.com wrote:
> >>

> >> Evidently they moved it sometime in the past 6 years or so.  The first
time
> >> I went there, it was either on Offutt AFB or just outside it.  I had
been
> >> there to perform a EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility, for those who
are
> >> not Electrical Engineers) test on the NECAP aircraft, quite an
interesting
> >> plane.  The test was performed while flying over the Great Lakes Test
> >> Range.  Went to see it 2 years ago with the wife and it was in its
present
> >> location between Omaha and Lincoln.
> >>
> >> Gene

delightfull
followed the engineering and aesthetic discussion with some interest.There
is a saying.If it looks right it flies right and the blackbird is a sublime
example for me.
i know it was a handfull especially when an engine quit due to the schock
entering the inlet but who wouldn,t like to give it a go?
simon jessurun