Subject: [Leica] Re: my R7- I think she is broken..
From: joechan888 at ntlworld.com (Joe Chan)
Date: Thu Jun 24 09:37:56 2004

Eric,

You can download a PDF version of the R7 manual from my website:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/joechan/pdf/leica_r7_user_manual.pdf

Page 5 says that the battery check is automatic - when the battery power is
low "BC" is displayed in the lower right corner of the viewfinder. When the
battery is totally flat it doesn't light up.

You can check if your problem is related to the battery by setting the the
shutter speed to "B" or 100 - these are both mechanically controlled.

Regards,

Joe Chan