Subject: [Leica] PAWs
From: banacloj at mac.com (Juan Gea-Banacloche)
Date: Sun Jun 27 19:39:53 2004

This week I have examples taken with my Summarit, which has a
significant defect on the coating of the front element, and tends to
flare (maybe because of this?). It flares easily, like on this (my
alterate for the week):

http://gallery.leica-users.org/JGB-Leica-PAW-Project/PAW_20040627_alt

And, even when it does not flare, it is not as sharp as other lenses,
as can be seen in my official PAW. This picture should maybe have been
in color, but I only had Delta 400. I overdeveloped the film (I wanted
to salvage some pictures in it, so I pushed it), but it is amazing how
you can correct with Vuescan and Photoshop:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/JGB-Leica-PAW-Project/PAW_20040627

Thanks for looking.

Juan

Replies: Reply from locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke) ([Leica] Election Day in Canada)