Subject: [Leica] birdman question
From: rzartarian at snet.net (Roy Zartarian)
Date: Mon Jun 28 12:32:39 2004

I agree with Doug that the cormorant was probably not looking upon the young
birds as a meal.  Cormorants feed on the water, diving for fish.  I have
seen gulls harass a bald eagle with a fish, so I wonder whether the
cormorant thought it could get an easy meal from the osprey. Or I wonder if
the cormorant was protecting its nest.  This is admittedly speculation as
I'm at the office without Sibley and other references at hand.

Roy