Subject: [Leica] ok - so why is no one buying the sigma digital cam?
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon Jun 28 14:22:03 2004

They are based on the Nikon Chassis, so I would take a guess and say you
cannot use R lenses on them.

gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           "Richard F. Man"                             |
|         |           <richard-lists@imagecraft.com>               |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           06/28/2004 03:39 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
               |
  |       cc:
               |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Leica] ok - so why is no one buying the sigma
digital cam?         |

Because IMHO, at least looking at the printed ads from Sigma, the skin
looks plasticky, the color is off (and no, they are not tuned for any
"Asian" skins I know of) and generally just horrible pictures (of giant
eyeball, weirdo looking face with not such no pores, but look really really

weird, etc.)

Not to mention other misfeatures of the cameras etc.

use richard@imagecraft.com)