Subject: [Leica] While it is happening
From: n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Jun 30 05:37:31 2004

Bob,

I have kept your mail on my PC and have re-read it several times. Just
in the past week it has become relevant for me since I tried
high-quality digital capture for the first time, shooting about 100
pictures with a Canon DSLR. It did have an effect on my style. With the
marginal cost of each picture effectively zero, one is free to
experiment much more. This is good and bad. It is good because it
allowed me to take picture I might not otherwise have taken, but bad
because it can lead to sloppy work--after all, I could just delete it
later! On balance, I felt that on balance, this level of freedom was a
good thing, but clearly I have to guard against the atttitude I
mentioned. In any event, the M6/M7 and Tri-X will always be there to
keep me honest.

Nathan