Subject: [Leica] filter on a Summitar
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Thu Jul 1 23:06:53 2004

At 08:43 AM 7/1/04 -0400, Rei Shinozuka wrote:
>i notice my summitar has no thread for a screw-in filter.  how
>does one use a filter on this lens?   thanks,

Rei

To the contrary, there IS a filter thread on the Summitar, a 36.4mm tapered
thread unique to this lens.  Both Tiffen and Ednalite made Series VI
adapters to fit this thread, and I use the Tiffen one on my lens.  (I
rarely shoot with filters and generally use the Sreies VI adapter to afford
the use of a lens hood.)

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!