Subject: [Leica] Why I haven't entered photo contests
From: locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke)
Date: Fri Jul 2 04:36:35 2004

On the Canadian pro photo list there has been a discussion over a contest
being held by Heritage Canada ...A GOVERNMENT AGENCY  ...with much the same
terms.

It's little more than a government weasel figuring out how to build a stock
photo library for free.

Most pro's would never enter but there are thousands of pretty good amateurs
who would because A/ they don't understand the ramifications or B/ They are
just happy to get their pictrures in print.

The volumn of entries means you are assure to get a decent collection.

Pretty disgusting, EH!!!??  (a Canadian expression for non-residents on
Canada Day)

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
http://blog.greglocke.com

 ----JUST RELEASED-------
NEWFOUNDLAND ...journey into a lost nation
by Greg Locke and Michael Crummey
McClelland and Stewart
ISBN # 0-7710-6142-0
http://www.straylight.ca/newfoundland