Subject: [Leica] Artist Maurice Schmidt
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jul 3 07:32:30 2004

 Bill Clough showed:
 >    Here is the latest submission--a portrait of artist
 > Maurice Schmidt.
 >http://www.leica-gallery.net/wccjr/image-69431.html<<<<

Hi Bill,
Beautiful use of light, eyes and pose. Almost Karsh like. However, one minor
thing, I know it's just me nit picking. ;-) And maybe you shot one as I'm
going to point out.

But a very very slight tilt of head down might've removed the light
distracting reflections from his glasses leaving clean eyes. Sometimes it
just doesn't work because the tilt changes the complete eye effect and how
the light angle strikes the face.

I know when the photograph popped on the screen my eyes went directly to the
reflections and my re-action was, "Damn, beautiful portrait but those
reflections take the edge off from being a perfect photograph."

But like I said.... "maybe you did pick it up and attempt to get rid of them
and it wasn't possible."

For what it's worth.
ted

Message from daniel.ridings at muspro.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Artist Maurice Schmidt)