Subject: [Leica] bulk loading
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Jul 4 05:15:57 2004

On 7/2/04 6:52 PM, "JAMES NICHOLS" <nicholsj@edge.net> typed:

> When I was in the Air Force in the early fifties, some of us bought both
> Plus-X, rated ASA 50, and Kodachrome Daylight from an outfit selling movie
> ends.  For a while, we even got FREE processing from Kodak by just mailing
> the color film in like any other roll of Kodachrome, but they finally wised
> up and put an end to the free ride.
>
> Didn't know there were many around today who grew up using Plus-X before
> the world ever heard of Tri-X.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN

I have a 70 mm Hasselblad back with a bulk loader and a reel and tank.
I shot mainly plus x which I bought in 100 ft rolls and which would be
because of that amazingly cheap.
Avedon uses plus x.
Irving pen uses plus x.
Or used.
Cant be all bad.
I still use it in 220. They don?t make it in 70 with Hassy sprockets
anymore. But I may go sprocket less. Get converted. I have to go to classes
first.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon