Subject: [Leica] OFT A yashica note on a 45 mm
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Tue Jul 6 23:24:51 2004

This might not be the place to post this but wanted to share:

I picked up a yashica electro 35 G for about 10 dollars in mint condition on
a flee market and ran a roll of agfa rsx 100 iso tru it. Right now my
scanner is not working (but i will post some pics when it is up and running
again) Anyway I was truly amazed of the quality of this camera and lens 45
mm F 1,7.

You set the apparture and the camera sets an automatic exposure time - It
was fooled in som backlit situations but otherwise the results were very
beautiful - sharp contrasty an right on spot exposures with great colour
fidelity

It is a 35 year old camera with no chips, matrix or stuff like that and it
handles a slide film even with "stoneage automatic" very well - sizewise it
is almost like a Leica and the build quality is not the worst i have seen.

I was planning on getting one of the cheaper 50 mm for my M6 but now i think
I will keep the yashica (that I no longer whant to sell) in the bag and wait
untill I can afford the new summilux

The weather in Scandinavia is a bit roughf for sommer this year, but light
is lovely and clear and the many many clouds ads drama to the the pictures

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Digilux2 &/or Lika-Leica2)