Subject: [Leica] Photo: on the road in Yolo County
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Jul 7 21:37:30 2004

Today we did a bit of exploring in the north-western part of Yolo County.

Unlike the Central Valley the western boundary is formed by the Vaca
Range that rises over 3,000 ft above sea level. We were poking along
Rayhouse Road at a local summit of the range when we ran into a large
mass of manzanita.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-July/Manzanita-YoloCountyCA.jpg>

I don't know why manzanita grows this way but I  find the difference
in textures and color to be fascinating.

This is a 10D image taken with the 24-70L f2.8 lens. I had the long
Leica glass but didn't a chance to use it.

Your comments are most welcome.

Adam Bridge