Subject: [Leica] Speakers corner project
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Jul 8 06:55:58 2004

Brian Stevens  showed:

> Carrying on with my Speakers corner project
>> Couple of new ones here
>> http://www.leica-gallery.net/bds/image-69485.html
>> http://www.leica-gallery.net/bds/image-69138.html
>> http://www.leica-gallery.net/bds/image-69536.html
>> I want to get it up to about 100 shots, now what's missing...?<<<<<

Hi Brian,
Well my friend I sure don't know what to say as your photo project has
evolved into a beautiful collection of characters at Speakers Corner.

For anyone to suggest what's missing without ever attending a Sunday morning
in London would be an offence to your excellent eye and capturing the life
you've posted. I mean just look at the complete collection and it
illustrates an amazing set of magical people moments.

Then have anyone tell you what's missing? That would be ludicrous.

Having shot on Speakers Corner, I swear some of the people in your pictures
are the same people I photographed. ;-) Although I really think not, as my
magazine assignment was shot and published in 1962! ;-)

However, the people look the same and they're still trying to deliver the
same messages. :-)

Without question, my suggestion for members of the LUG going to London.

If you like photographing people events, generally without fear of being
shot or punched out, they should plan one or two Sunday mornings attending
Speakers Corner. As can be seen through your photographs, it's the mother
lode of people situations like no other place on earth.

Brian, excellent set of photographs. And although it's been done before,
you've produced a collection that could make another book on Speakers
Corner.

But for me? Your pictures evoke many beautiful memories from a long ago
assignment of 8 weeks shooting magazine stories across Europe when life was
still simple.

Being in the midst of it, the sounds and sights like nothing I'd ever seen,
people moments happening so fast it's hard to keep cameras loaded your
burning film so fast. And no one making obscene gestures or shaking a fist
at you or in your face challenges as we see so often these days.

It truly was a simpler time and wonderful.

Damn yer good! :-) Keep 'em coming.

Thanks for posting.
ted