Subject: [Leica] Re: Background music for slide shows
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Jul 8 19:13:47 2004

At 06:38 PM 7/8/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>What about music royalties? Using music for public consumption requires
>permission and royalties. How do you deal with this?
>JB

We aren't charging a fee for the slide show.  I give it away to all of the
churches and organizations that use it raise money for Dimes for
Hunger.  From what I have been able to determine, it's similar to teachers
using photographs for educational purposes.  A limited number of
publications are allowed to be used for non-profit, educational use without
permission.  I'm a big supporter of copyright and would be glad to get the
required permissions if I'm wrong.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com