Subject: [Leica] Literacy and new PAW
From: keith at wbalaw.com (Keith R. Wessel)
Date: Sun Jul 11 16:55:29 2004

I must confess to some intimidation for my lack of writing skills on this
list with highly talented writers.  I graduated from high school in 71 with
no writing skills at all.  Not much improvement when I graduated from
undergraduate school in 85.  I excelled in math but mostly took art studio
courses.  I did work on writing a lot during law school.  Then I graduated
and started hiring great writers which put my efforts on the back burner.

At anyrate, I decided to give a bit of explanation for my new PAWs.  Week 25
are of a new building going up outside of my office.
http://wesselphoto.com/paw/25/index.html  My office is two blocks away from
Lake Monona.  For ten years I have had an unobstructed view of the lake.
Now about 30% of that view is going away for a highrise condo project.  I
could not get my window open so took the pictures through dirty glass.  Made
me think of comments on this list about using filters.

My pictures at Week 26 are something different for me.
http://wesselphoto.com/paw/26/index.html Several years ago I spotted a
building on a bike path in Madison and decided I would like to photograph
the same. Not until I decided to make a commitment to the PAW concept did I
get around to doing so.  I plan on going back not only to this building but
other items of interest along the path.  The path follows the train tracks
and presents an interesting juxtaposition to the polished environment we see
from travel by car and the run down underside along the tracks.

Week 27 returns to the same old same old for me.
http://wesselphoto.com/paw/27/index.html another political event.  At least
I am picking up the camera again and enjoying the experience :-)