Subject: [Leica] Why a digital M
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Jul 13 11:52:36 2004

A little metal ring that allows the use of one kind of male lens mount
to fit another kind of female mount is an adapter; a digital back
attached to a film camera isn't an adapter, it's an entirely different
photo system using the front end of another type of photo system, and of
necessity involves major compromises of one sort or another.