Subject: [Leica] Everdon Northamptonshire #6 ( 2 shots )
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Tue Jul 13 15:33:08 2004

Lovely images again: its funny that you should be using a Nocti: it
really seems the opposite lens to the work you do so beautifully. My
friend George Lauterstein took wonderful landscape images with his
Leicas (and others) and bought himself a Nocti during a wild passionate
Nocti debate, only to realize that he set his lens to f16 99.99999% of
the time, always used a tripod, and went back to a Summicron. The
Noctilux is quite capable of being used as a standard lens, and I often
carry mine as such, but it is not necessary to have one to make
beautiful landscapes: I suppose that is my warning to those who want to
make images as beautiful as the ones GB shows us.

Cheers