Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital M
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Jul 13 18:17:38 2004

Hi Doug,
Gee I don't know, so I suppose because I'm so accustomed to buying Leica
equipment in a completely un-challenging way simply because I want or need
it,  I shouldn't be making comments on costs.

Hell I just walk in and say, "I need a "whatever it is." And if the shop
keeper doesn't have it, I just say... "Get it and when it arrives call me."
I pick-up and move onto the assignment.

I don't have time nor to fiddle about cost and rarely ask, simply because
when I need it, I don't want a bunch of nit pickin price crap to be mixing
up my mental process about the success of the assignment.

I also realize this is quite different in the manner many of you buy
equipment. Leica or other wise.

But then Leica photo equipment is nothing more than tools to do the job for
me at a level which I'm accustomed to. And has no relevance to many of the
questions some of you folks come up with. It sort of works like this... "How
fast is it, will it make my job easier, faster, better and more efficient?
If the answer to most of those is yes....... just get it and get on with the
assignment.

So I suppose I should care when speaking of cost, however I hate being
screwed to the wall for absolutely no reason at all. And in particular
screwed when it comes to being screwed for name only!

ted