Subject: [Leica] Re: Film vs Digital
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Wed Jul 14 11:03:27 2004

Here's another way to consider the issue:

A few years ago I was driving through Amish country in my 1962 Imperial
LeBaron, passing various buggies with impunity.

It suddenly dawned on me that they were driving the contemporary
vehicles--and I, the relatively useless antique.

By 1965, my car was considered hopelessly outmoded--and fetched a pittance
in the used car market.  Parts were scarce and expensive; the thing would
break down regularly. You couldn't rely on it for daily transportation.

Today's digital cameras, software, and images are tomorrow's Imperial
LeBaron.

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA