Subject: [Leica] Digital P&S purchase
From: rbrowne1 at mindspring.com (Robert Browne)
Date: Thu Jul 15 21:14:07 2004

John,

My only digital P&S experience is with a Canon S 400 that I give my
wife as a gift. It's a great little camera that has given consistently
good results in the six months we've been using it. The prints made on
a Fuji Frontier are surprisingly good.

In my business I deal with digital files submitted for printing on a
Frontier or by offset printing and I have to say that the images from
the S 400 are better than 90% of those that we receive. Either the
photographers don't have a clue as to what their doing with the camera
or they completely mess them up in Photoshop. I've thought about trying
to get a bill passed through the California Legislature requiring all
Photoshop users to be licensed. With a difficult test to qualify.

Robert Browne

John Collier wrote:

I am getting a digital P&S for my daughter and I am wondering if there
are any users out there who would like to comment on their choice. Any
complaints or praise? Good or bad service?

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Digital P&S purchase)