Subject: [Leica] Guy Glover?
From: bussbearm at aei.ca (Robert Beaudoin)
Date: Fri Jul 16 21:36:48 2004

Bonsoir,

  So I enter the house and figure I have about 20 minutes to spend in this
vente de succession.  Look around and pick up a book at a price so low, I
dare not mention it.  Title of the book; Photographies de HCB, 1963 edition.
So I leave the house, quite happy, and just before I start ye olde 1985
Jimmy, I notice a carefully folded sheet of paper right in the middle pages
of said bouque.  Hmmm, piece of paper says MEMORANDUM and has the armoiries
(escutcheon?) of the canadian federal government (pre-sponsorship scandal!)
with the date June 7, 1965.  Letter goes as follow;

  Owing to a delay in air express customs handling of a package sent to HIM
(my majuscule) from New York, Henri Cartier-Bresson was unable to present
this book to you personally, as had been his intention.  He has asked me to
give it to you with his compliments.

  Letter is signed by one Guy Glover and was to be delivered to Gilberte
L'Estang.

  Any historically oriented lugger knows who these two persons are in
relation to HCB?

Thanks in advance,

  Robert (Un chevalier sans blason)

Replies: Reply from jon.stanton at comcast.net (Jon) ([Leica] Guy Glover?)