Subject: [Leica] transporting film
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jul 17 13:30:00 2004

Jeffery Smith offered:
Subject: RE: [Leica] transporting film

> They say that you never forget how to ride a bike. I'm not quite sure
> that is correct for us old guys. My brain still knows how, but my arms
> and legs have lost some of the familiarity. Nearly killed myself.<<<

Jeffery,
Yep you never forget how to ride a bike. However, the practice of getting
on, staying vertical and pedaling is another matter altogether. ;-)

A few years back while doing assignments in Germany I had the misfortune of
listening to my niece, "Well Uncle Ted if you rode as a kid you'll never
forget." Insisting we do some early evening riding along gravel roads in
back country fields, that it would give me opportunities to shoot
interesting rural scenes. Right! :-(

It's true, you do remember riding your bike, but do you remember the
physical co-ordination to make all things work in unison 65 years later?
Nope! :-(

As she helped me and Leica's up from the ditch, where some how the front
wheel did not co-ordinate with the steering while negotiating on the gravel
road I discovered what remembering and doing was all about!:-( A fairly good
crash and burn!:-)

Only good thing, I didn't break any camera bits, however did lose a
reasonable amount of skin from knees and elbow.

ERGO: remembering is OK, just don't try to do it cause legs and mind don't
work in unison any longer with the memory banks! :-)

Unless it has 4 wheels, engine and steering wheel! ;-)
ted

Replies: Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] transporting film)