Subject: [Leica] transporting film
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sun Jul 18 11:54:09 2004

Feli, Tina, Gene, and other

trains travelling between EU states are subject to fairly minimal, if any,
checks when entering or leaving other EU countries; ditto cars. Entering or
leaving non-EU countries is a whole different kettle of fish; be prepared to
wait!! [Poland is a member of the EU].

I have personally brought 100, 400 and 800ASA rated film from Poland to the
UK
by air from regional airports without any discernable damage.

Surprisingly however Europe is rather well stocked with film so there's no
need
to bring any (remember that Ilford and Agfa among others are actually
European
companies and Kodak is available everywhere) and you can probably get most
of
what you want here or on the leg before you dissappear into Ingushetia or
wherever. You can also get film processed here by pros if you want to have
the
film developed before you travel; generally you can get B&W done in 24
hours,
C41 films (inc B&W) in an hour to three hours.

Come on guys...., really :-)

Peter