Subject: Nathan's Canon (WAS: [Leica] PAWS 27 and 28)
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon Jul 19 07:43:06 2004

Nathan & Crew

Took a look at the Canon Digital Rebel and Nikon D70 side by side this
weekend.  Both had very dim view finders, even for a SLR, Looked like
viewing through a tunnel.  Operationally and handling,  the Nikon took the
prize easily, IMHO.  However, If I go Digital I'm going to wait for the
Digital R back for now.  It may cost a fortune, but at least I will be able
to use it and enjoy doing so.  Now if I can only find a really nice R8 for
under a thousand bucks. ;-)

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           "Steve Unsworth" <mail@steveunsworth.co.uk>  |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           07/18/2004 11:25 AM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       "'Leica Users Group'" <lug@leica-users.org>
              |
  |       cc:
              |
  |       Subject:  RE: Nathan's Canon (WAS: [Leica] PAWS 27 and 28)
              |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Nathan

I find focusing  the main problem when I use Leica glass on my 300D. The
stop down metering I can live with, but the dim viewfinder is a bit of
pain.

Regarding lenses. So far I have the 18-55 that came with the camera
(rather soft wide open), 28mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8 (both very good) and a
70-300 zoom (not the best in the world). The two primes are in a
different league to the zooms - I'll have to dip my toes into the world
of 'L' glass sometime :-) One thing about using an SLR again is that it
reminds me what I like so much about using a rangefinder.

Steve