Subject: [Leica] Epson R-D1 price revealed (digest 408)
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 07:31:56 2004

B. D.

Come on now, we all know that you would not buy another Leica.  Unless it
was at least 10 years ahead of the competition, and selling at half the
price of the competition!  ;-)

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>        |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           07/20/2004 09:05 AM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->

  |       To:       "'Leica Users Group'" <lug@leica-users.org>
              |
  |       cc:
              |
  |       Subject:  RE: [Leica] Epson R-D1 price revealed (digest 408)

Right. But we're not buying D-100s, we'd be buying Rd-1s...a new
camera...I just want some price in the damn ball park of what the
comparable cameras are, or were when they came out. Which is to say that
there is no way in hell I will ever pay $5K for a Leica digital M body
UNLESS it truly set a new standard for digital capture....