Subject: [Leica] About ready to give it up...
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Wed Jul 21 23:02:54 2004

>Oddly enough, perhaps the only solution for the globetrotting
>photographer, who wants the highest quality, is a simple Leica RF
>outfit, and pick up film as you go.

That was my solution in China (Shanghai, Beijing, Xian) for the past
4 weeks.  My M7 with a CL as a backup and about 60 rolls of film.  I
never had to look for a power outlet.

One thing that I've realized with my 10D is that while I have a 4
gigabyte  compact flash, I only have 10 gigabytes free on my
powerbook hard drive. That's only 14 gigabytes, which I'm afraid I'd
fill over an extended trip. I could bring DVD-R, but I don't trust
them much.

Film is much more stable and foolproof. I never had a problem with
having everything hand-checked in China, Japan, and the U.S.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura