Subject: [Leica] WAS: Bride by window light NOW... 50! ;-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Jul 22 06:43:25 2004

Peter Klein said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Bride by window light (with dishes)

> And thanks for calling me a "young guy."  I've been a little uncomfortable
> with my recently-acquired half-century status, so your perspective is
> welcome!  :-)

Hi Peter,
Well me young son ;-) don't be uncomfortable about reaching the
"half-century status" ;-) It's the mindset that counts the most in accepting
it as merely a number.

I found when I reached 65 ten years ago, so many people reaching 65 just up
and quit, sat around, did nothing and died shortly there after. :-(

Obviously as long as one isn't impaired with disease or affliction of some
nature, develops an  attitude of "I'm kicking ass for a long time to come!"
One can have a damn fine time with their Leica at 6 a.m. out for a walk
about the neighbourhood if nothing else.

Quite frankly some of the best images occur while hundreds are still a
sleep! ;-)

Reaching the 50 mark is a wonderful time as you've now put in a half
century, most of the "growing-up" stuff is behind you, kind of set a spot in
the world for yourself and now you can fly along enjoying the second half
century with confidence. :-)

One of the truly great things about photography, professional or amateur, we
can do this for a very long time as it'll keep us active and out with the
world. Communication with others helps keep our interests alive through this
wonderful medium of the internet and locations such as the LUG.

Thank you Brian.

What we saw happening in the past is the "lack of communication by seniors"
living their time alone, it allowed them to fail sooner than they should.

Today we have access to thousands of  aquaintences and friends daily,
allowing us to share our years of experince with many, members of the LUG
for example. With it's  many professions and trades, not to mention
knowledge from photographic hobbies it's an asset to many of the younger
folk. Heck and a big asset to many of us, "Young old folks." ;-)

Sorry guys and gals I'm getting off track.

But as often as I've said it... "age is nothing more than a number" if you
let it be. Photography with a Leica or otherwise helps keep you active and
enjoying the world day in and day out. As long as you can do it, DO IT!

So Peter me young lad, hang loose, the best is yet to come! ;-)

ted