Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 29: It is hot in Seville!
From: n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Jul 22 22:30:58 2004

Last week was my last weekly trip to Seville--my job responsibilities
are changing, and going forward I will only be in Spain once a month at
most. So you will be seeing more from Holland and less from Spain. But
for week 29, I again offer you a glimpse of Seville life.

At this time of year it is really hot. Afternoon temperatures surpass
40C (104F for the Imperials), so at 3 p.m. there is not much pedestrian
traffic on the street, and the outdoor cafes are empty--everyone wants
to sit inside. But once darkness falls, street life returns to normal.
So my main picture is from one of the city's bridges at night:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_29.jpg

The square outside the big department store El Corte Ingles is a popular
place to hang out, for young and old alike:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_29alt1.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_29alt2.jpg

Here is an early morning scene. Bread is delivered very early and simply
left outside the bar awaiting the opening:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_29alt3.jpg

As for temperatures, here is a spot I pass walking from my office to my
apartment. This shot was taken at around 7 p.m.:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_29alt4.jpg
and this one at 7 a.m. the following morning:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_29alt5.jpg

25C is pretty warm for that early in the day (77F), making it hard to
sleep if your air conditioning is not up to snuff.

All pictures with the CL and 40mm Summicron, the main on Neopan 1600,
the others on Agfa Scala.

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2004.html
and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands