Subject: [Leica] renting long Leica glass
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jul 23 06:10:45 2004

For Ted Grant: Here's something from the Internet...

First, I think there is a Leica dealer (over the hill from you) in San
Jose that rents a lot of items.

Second, you can call Leica at their  800# (which I don't have in front
of me) and they will give you names of the  dealers in your area that
rent Leica items.

Third, yes this is a  program that is available from Leica USA to it's
dealers.  You just go  into your dealer (who is in the program) and tell
them what you want to  rent.  If it is a common item and they have it in
stock you walk out  the door with it.  If it is an item that they do not
have in stock, a  560/6.8 or what have you, they order it from Leica and
as soon as it comes  in you pick it up.  The usual rental is for three
days, but you can  rent it as long as you like.  If for example you are
going on vacation  for two weeks and want to take a 75/1.4 lens along,
they will rent it to you  for two weeks.

I hope that is helpful.

Regards,
Bill  Erfurth
Evergreen