Subject: [Leica] Ashley Northamptonshire #4
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Fri Jul 23 09:29:19 2004

>Warning : Don't eat the corn !

Or the wheat either! ;^)

The sight of a dead carion crow suspended from a pole or fence is
something I haven't seen since leaving England almost 17 years ago. The
Farmers in Suffolk County raised huge fields of rape and often ringed
them with carbide guns that periodically gave off a tremendous blast to
scare away the "woodies" or wood pigeons who would descend in great
flocks and feast upon the growing plants. The corn (wheat) growers used
the dead crow method as your fine shots clearly illustrate. Takes me
back again, Graham.

Walker

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re: Ashley Northamptonshire #4)