Subject: [Leica] RE: legal press release
From: jcb at visualimpressions.com (JCB)
Date: Fri Jul 23 16:29:23 2004

Well... I'm a fully employed engineer, here in Silly Cone Valley. I'm 66. I
was hired by Agilent when I was 61. When Agilent downsized a couple of
years ago, I got cut as did my 28 year old genius son-in-law. So it was
department and project cutting rather than weeding out us old folks. I
immediately joined a startup at 64.

So, not all companies around here are stupid like Google. Over the years I
have hired dozens of engineers beginning when I worked at AMD in the early
70's. I always looked for real world experience and completed projects
rather than age and scholastic accomplishments. I was never disappointed.
Actually, once, when I was managing the software department at Omnipoint in
Colorado Springs. One guy. Good resume, good interviews. Good references.
Lots of applicable work experience. But a real ringer. Ended up getting
harassment suits filed against him by some of the female engineers. He
didn't believe a woman could be an engineer. Some of the very best
engineers that I have worked with have been women.

Really sorry to hear about your problem Brian. I hope you win big time!

JB

Message from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] FYI: legal press release)