Subject: [Leica] Domke 802
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Tue Jul 27 15:28:50 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 15:05, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> The problem though with the satchels is that they all look like laptop
> cases. And the bad guys are out looking to grab those now they could care
> less about camera bags. So you're out of the frying pan and into the fire
> on
> the whole crime perfection not get mugged thing.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I have an F6 "a little bit
smaller", which looks a lot like a small gym bag, but it's got that boxy
appearance, which makes it look a bit like a camera bag again. Then I
got a 803 which is perfect for two M cameras with 35/50/90 and film. Not
as nice to work out as a Billingnham L2, but it draws a lot less
attention. I wanted the 802, because I figured I could cram my M kit and
a Rollei TLR in there, but it's the same size as a laptop bag, except
it's canvas, not nylon which may make it look less like a laptop bag.
Are you still with me? Maybe the answer is a canvas bag from the
Army&Navy store with some Domke inserts...a diaper bag without a baby
may get you arrested.

> They bring your bag home upon it up and go "Hey! I've got the OTHER thing!"

Surprise!

> Does not for a happy "fence" make.

I'll give you $20 bucks for the bag and $10 for the old cameras.

Feli

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Domke 802)