Subject: [Leica] BLOW-UP, the movie.
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed Jul 28 16:18:33 2004

At 11:37 AM 7/28/04 -0400, B. D. Colen wrote:
>You guys are nuts - :-)
>
>I haven't seen Blow-up in a few years, but it seems to me the same damn
>movie, with all but the darkroom elements, could be made today - and the
>'blow-up' would be done on screen, but the screen could easily be in a
>darkened room. Times change; shit happens. But the basics remain pretty
>much the same:
>
>It's still about the shooting; and shooting is about getting access;
>relating to subjects; seeing; capturing what you see. And that hasn't
>changed.

BD has the right spin on this and it certainly could be shot today with a
digital focus.

While BLOW-UP is a fascinating movie, there is nothing really magic about
it:  the technology is fascinating but the tale itself is far too
convoluted for the most of us.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!