Subject: [Leica] Attack of the purple chemistry: JOBO, T-MAX, and XTOL
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun Aug 1 12:38:04 2004

I fired up the newly-acquired JOBO ATL-1000 yesterday, popped in a
roll of newly shot TMAX-100, loaded up the XTOL (a few months old but
stored in an air-free accordian bottle) and after figuring out how to
get something of about the right processing time I turned it loose.

The results appear to be okay (I was using 1:1 XTOL and the Kodak
recommended times as a starting point) but the effluent chemistry was
a most definite PURPLE. Was the chemistry bad? I've had batches of
Tri-X that resulted in purple chemistry but not THIS purple.

What gives?

Adam

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Attack of the purple chemistry: JOBO, T-MAX, and XTOL)
Reply from dpost at triad.rr.com (Dan Post) ([Leica] Attack of the purple chemistry: JOBO, T-MAX, and XTOL)