Subject: [Leica] JOBO C41 Press Kit
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Aug 2 15:00:09 2004

At 04:10 PM 8/2/2004, you wrote:
>  Can any of the experts on this list tell me a) how important is it to
> stabilize the negs?, and b) would it be ok to add a wetting agent to the
> stabilizer?
>--
>Herbert Kanner

Herbert -

I would definitely stabilize the film.  I use Tetenal's stabilizer and have
had no problems but I do use a little less than they recommend and I do use
distilled water.  Even if your water is very pure, it probably has some
minerals that will dry on the film or react with the stabilizer.  Distilled
water is very cheap and available at the grocery store.  I wouldn't use a
wetting agent because you'll be compounding your problems.  The stabilizer
contains a wetting agent and, if you use distilled water, will dry spotless.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

http://www.pdiphotos.com