Subject: [Leica] Film snobs and Tri-X
From: rolfe.tessem at gmail.com (Rolfe Tessem)
Date: Tue Aug 3 11:12:08 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:19:25 -0230, Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca> wrote:
> Indeed, this was the year I moved back to St. John's and set up my own B&W
> lab for my commercial work ...as there was not a pro lab in St. John's at
> the time. I started using the new T-max 100 and 400 with t-max devloper
> because it was "quicker" to use and had better contrast then what I was
> using before.  ...and then a year or two with Neopan before getting out of
> it entirely.
>
> Now, many years later I find myself in a project that the organizered have
> requested B&W film... What shall I do?
>
> Greg Locke
> St. John's, Newfoundland
> http://blog.greglocke.com

According to a recent article in the American magazine "Photo
Technique" by the inventors of Xtol, the recently reformulated Tri-X
is now finer grained than TMY, aka T-max 400. The curve
characteristics have apparently not changed.

I'm trying Tri-X again after a pretty long affair with Delta 400,
which I still like.

--
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe.tessem@gmail.com