Subject: [Leica] kali recovering...2
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Tue Aug 3 16:43:41 2004

Steve Barbour wrote:

> I submit a second related image of Kali...which do
> you prefer?  Why?
>
> http://www.leica-gallery.net/barbour/image-71282.html

Steve,

I like the 2nd version better, because Kali's face is more
in focus, because the placement of the teddy bear works
better for me, because the tedddy bear is more out of focus.
I would crop the empty space on the right a bit, as this is
such a close-up that having the empty space there just
doesn't work for me (same for 1st version).  I am not sure
the higher constrast work better for me in the 2nd version.
I probably would tame it down a bit to see how it looks.

The first photo have the benefit of showing a little more of Kali's
face,  which if I were Kali's parents, may be much more
important to me.

Generally speaking though,  I suspect that the post processing
(scanning, photoshopping) does not do justice to your photos
though.  I bet they look much better in print than on the screen.

Anyway, please convey my best wishes to Kali and her family.
I very much admire your (medical) work.

- Phong