Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 32: A walk around Amsterdam
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Aug 8 23:25:45 2004

Nathan Wajsman showed:

> This week you get a flavor of Amsterdam. I went there on Thursday
> afternoon to walk around a bit and honor HCB by taking some pictures.
> Not that they are in his caliber, but I do believe they are in his
> spirit. I have also added a couple of shots taken yesterday, before and
> after the Pride parada (which will be subject of a separate gallery).
>
> So here we go. The main is from a busy street, Rokin:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_32.jpg
> Pretty cyclist getting cash:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_32alt1.jpg
> A typical Amsterdam scene: a tourist looks at the map to orient himself:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_32alt2.jpg
> More tourists, near the Central Station:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_32alt3.jpg
> Animal-rights activists gather signatures outside the Ben & Jerry's
> store, protesting the use of eggs from industrial farms where the
> chickens are kept in small cages:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_32alt4.jpg
> Portrait of my son, on the train from Amsterdam to Almere:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_32alt5.jpg
> A cute girl on the same train:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_32alt6.jpg
>  And finally a warning: do not park illegally in Amsterdam. Do not let
> your meter expire, especially if you have foreign license plates:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_32alt7.jpg

Hi Nathan,

And it appears all shot with a digital! :-) I'm finally learning to see a
difference in how film vs. digital looks. That by the way is not a negative
comment, as your photographs, apart from your usual very interesting content
have colours and a sharpness that one only sees in digital format.

Once again it's the Nathan eye at work on the street! :-)

Good on you! :-)
ted