Subject: [Leica] Dead printer now what works for you
From: michael.francis at gs.com (Francis, Michael)
Date: Mon Aug 9 07:20:18 2004

Don, I have both the 7960 and the 9900, both are excellent, B&W on the 7960
tends to look a little warm, on the 9900 you sometimes get some very slight
color casts (I'm sure you do with the 2200 as well since printing B&W with
color inks is never going to give a perfectly neutral print). But and it is
a big but both are so much faster than any of the Epson's (I had an 1280
before this) you will actually enjoy printing from them. Oh and most of that
"calibrate once a week" stuff with the Epson's has gone. Heck both of them
even do the print head calibration and alignment for you with a built in
scanner. Right now I'm using their supplied profiles - could not be happier.
The HP driver seems a little odd as it does not shut down cleanly, but that
is a small matter. The only clear negative is print life.

I'd be interested if anybody has had different experiences.

Michael

Message: 9