Subject: [Leica] decline in LUG membership
From: lea at whinydogpress.com (lea)
Date: Mon Aug 9 09:09:57 2004

This same topic just came up on another list of which I am a
member...decline in membership. I'm going to guess it's due to several
reasons. One is decline in the novelty of using the internet to
communicate, one is the incredible amount of time it takes to read and
respond to posts and one is the fact that spam seems to rule and many
folks don't want to wade through it to get to the good stuff.

As for me, I'm less list-active because I'm busier in my business. I
still read threads that are of interest but post rarely. I have also
made the switch to digital tho I do still own many film cameras and of
course one is my Leica. I don't use it often these days so many of my
photo questions would be inappropriate on this list.

There is great value in these forums and I'm sure it is immeasureable
how much educating goes on for those who subscribe.

Lea