Subject: [Leica] Weddings, again
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Wed Aug 11 16:52:56 2004

Chris Williams wrote:
"Do you find that the LeicaLika is fast enough for candid style photography?"

Chris, I have the cheaper version Lumix (LC40) with the same imaging system
as the Digilux 1.  I'd say that candid photos are a strong point of the
camera if you're willing to use the optical viewfinder and pre-focus before
taking the shots.  The response is *nearly* instantaneous and there's an
audible click that helps a lot.  It's easy to get used to, IMO.  I've
uploaded a few images that are supposed to illustrate quickly-captured
moments, if not necessarily *decisive* ones, taken with the LC40.  None of
these have been cropped, so you can see essentially what I thought I was
getting when I took the picture.  The ones from a fashion show were with
flash from the floor beneath the runway; the models were modeling (moving),
not posing.  The others were natural light.  Whatever might be wrong with
these pictures, it can't be blamed on the camera or its speed of
operation.  Comments are welcome.

The album is at:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/album35>http://gallery.leica-users.org/album35

Phil Swango