Subject: [Leica] Photo Backpacks.....
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Aug 13 11:52:11 2004

I forgot who put a FS for the PhotoTrekker AW this week, but some comments
on the general subject....

A backpack works best when it fits.  Not fits the stuff inside, but rather
fits your body.  The Lowepro bags are excellent.  I have the Lowepro
PhotoTrekker AW myself.  It does not fit me ( I am 5'6"): it is too short.
Why as I happy with a bag that does not fit me?  Because it fits the Airline
reglulations for carry on.  It is the biggest thing that meets spec.
Therefore it is the "perfect" airline carry on for photo equipment.  I use
it for my Hasselblad outfit.

Now if I were going to backpack, even as a daypack, I would get the biggest
thing they offered.  Why? Because it is taller, and therefore would fit my
back better.  It is not a capacity issue, it is the fit of the shoulder
straps, the waist belt relative to the shoulder straps, etc.  Think it over
if you want to get a bag to daypack your stuff in.... if you carry the bag
on your shoulders, you will get a achy back.  Carry that same weight on your
hips, and you will feel like a new man ( woman) when you get to your
shooting location.

BTW, the capacity of the pack is irrelevant..... if it holds more than you
need, you can always fill it up with pillow foam, and go off stable.  the
big bags are pretty big, and I doubt that your stufff would be larger than
the capacity... but I hardly want to dare someone to try it......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from elaine at chaos.wustl.edu (Elaine -HFB- Ashton) ([Leica] Photo Backpacks.....)